Slip and Fall Personal Injury Lawyer
Our Virginia slip, trip and fall personal injury lawyers can help those injured in accidents. Our team helps victims fight for the compensation they deserve from liable property owners.
For most victims of slip, trip, and fall accidents, they never see the incident coming. Whether you’re walking down an icy driveway or down the freshly mopped aisle of a grocery store, when danger strikes, your safety is out of your hands. Tragically, these kinds of slip, trip, and fall accidents can result in serious, life-threatening head and back injuries. Even if the victim survives the fall, there’s a chance their life will be forever changed.
4 Things You Should Know About Virginia Slip and Fall Claims
Causes of Slip & Fall Accidents
Negligent property owners are frequently the cause of slip, trip, and fall accidents. This negligence can manifest in a wide variety of ways, including:
- Building code violations, like failing to have handrails installed in a stairway
- Wet, slippery floors
- Cracked, defective sidewalks
- Uneven surfaces
- Defective or missing handrails
- Torn carpets
- Parking lot potholes
- Icy surfaces
These kinds of slips, trips, and falls can result in severe injuries including traumatic brain injuries, broken and fractured bones, neck, spine or back injuries – or even wrongful death.
There are a million ways a property owner’s carelessness can injure or even kill a person. Because the circumstances surrounding the average slip, trip and fall accident can vary so widely, it’s crucial for victims to seek out the help of a qualified attorney.
How Much Is My Slip & Fall Case Worth?
The amount of compensation owed to a victim can vary from case to case, but they may be eligible for:
- Medical treatment. When a negligent party has caused your injuries, you shouldn’t have to pay for the medical treatment you receive. By seeking compensation for all the care necessary for your healing process, you can recover costs including hospital bills, physical therapy and any future medical expenses associated with the injury.
- Lost wages. Serious slip and fall accidents can put people out of work for days, weeks, months, or even permanently. Future loss of earnings due to your injuries can also be included in your settlement.
- Pain and suffering. The emotional and psychological pain of an accident can outlast even the most serious of physical injuries.
- Wrongful death. When a loved one is killed in a slip and fall accident, they leave behind bills and funeral costs – and the loss of future income for their family. Of course, their loss is felt emotionally as well. This loss of companionship and affection is priceless. But compensating a loved one for the wrongful death of a family member is the fair thing to do.
Virginia Slip & Fall Accident Time Deadlines
Virginia provides a two-year deadline also known as a Statute of Limitations. However, special circumstances apply depending on who owns the property and the age or disability of the person injured. Miss your deadline, though, and you’ll be unable to seek compensation. That’s why it is so important to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible after an accident. We can help protect your rights so that you can receive the best possible settlement for your case.
Do You Know Your Rights? - Contact Richard Serpe
Immediate investigation often makes the difference between winning and losing slip and fall injury cases. The Law Offices of Richard J. Serpe, P.C. conducts immediate investigations to identify crucial witnesses and preserve important evidence. Delays in an investigation can destroy your case because the evidence is often lost and key witnesses can become very difficult to locate over time. If you need a Virginia slip and fall injury lawyer, contact us 877-544-5323.