Injuries to Children
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyer
There's nothing more heart-breaking than seeing a child get hurt. This is especially true when they've been injured because of someone else's negligence or reckless actions. Our Virginia personal injury lawyers care about kids, and have represented kids that have been hurt in accidents for over 30 years.
Common child personal injury accidents
- Auto Accidents
- Dog Bites & Animal Attacks
- Child Lead Poisoning
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Dangerous and Defective Toys
- School Bus Accidents
- Birth Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Pedestrian & Bicycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death of a Child
- any accident involving a child caused by the negligence or recklessness of another person or corporation.
Compensation for Child Injury Claims
There’s no easy process or formula used to determine the value of a personal injury case. Thankfully, an experienced attorney can evaluate all of the circumstances surrounding your child's injuries and help to determine fair compensation. Some important factors include:
- medical expenses including past, present, and future medical care associated with the injuries sustained in the accident.
- future special education expenses
- cost of future care including childhood and adulthood needs
- loss of future earning capacity
- loss of enjoyment of life
- pain and suffering
Statute of Limitations (Deadlines) for Virginia Injury Claims
If you wait too long, the door to justice is closed forever. In Virginia, you typically must file a lawsuit with the court within two years of the date of the accident. If the injured person is a child or a person with a mental disability, this period can often be extended beyond two years. Consult with an experienced Virginia personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to avoid missing important deadlines.
Virginia Injury Lawyer for Injured Children
Over the years, Richard Serpe has gained a reputation as being a fierce advocate for the rights of children injured by the negligence of another person or corporation. If you or a loved one has been injured in such an accident, contact Richard Serpe to discuss your situation. Call or email us today to set up a free and absolutely no obligation consultation.