Choosing the “Best Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me”
Choosing the best lawyer for your case can tremendously affect your settlement or verdict.
- About the Serpe Firm
- How is a settlement calculated?
- Personal Injury Lawyer Fees
- Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Law Offices of Richard J. Serpe, PC
The Law Offices of Richard J. Serpe, PC has helped accident victims like you collect what they deserve for over 33 years.
Our team has helped Virginia personal injury victims of car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, truck accidents, guardrail accidents, dog bites, dog attacks, birth injury, wrongful death, nursing home abuse and neglect, and those injured in Jones Act & maritime-related accidents.
In addition, our team has helped Virginia personal injury victims of accidents in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Portsmouth, Newport News, Hampton, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Isle of Wight, Smithfield, Richmond, NOVA, and throughout the Commonwealth.
Richard Serpe: Awards & Recognition
- Named a “Super Lawyer” – among the top 5 percent of lawyers in Virginia since 2006
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® since 2005
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating (highest given)
- Rated 10/10 – “Superb” by the online attorney rating service, Avvo.com
- Designated a Proctor by the Maritime Law Association of the United States (highest given)
Personal Injury Lawyer: Car Accidents
- Virginia Auto Accidents: When negligent, reckless drivers cause accidents, they need to be held responsible for the damage they cause. Whether your collision was caused by a distracted, drunk, drowsy or drugged driver, a Virginia personal injury lawyer can help you and your loved ones seek the justice you deserve.
- Tractor-Trailer Truck Accidents or Collisions: Truck drivers are highly trained but even the most experienced can find themselves drifting to sleep at the wheel after a long shift. If you have been involved in a truck accident, a Virginia personal injury lawyer can ensure you get the compensation you deserve from the negligent driver responsible for your injuries.
- Motorcycle Accidents: While motorcycle riders are stereotyped as daredevils, they are far more frequently the victim of someone else’s bad driving than of their own. A Virginia personal injury lawyer can help motorcycle accident victims get the compensation they deserve from reckless drivers.
- Bicycle Accidents: Drivers who fail to yield to cyclists can be held responsible for the injuries and damage they cause in collisions. A Virginia personal injury lawyer can assist victims in fighting for the settlement they deserve.
- Pedestrian Accidents: When you walk around your neighborhood, you expect to be safe. Crosswalks, stop signs and traffic signals all help to protect you from vehicles in the roadway. Unfortunately, sometimes drivers ignore red lights or don’t stop at crosswalks. In these situations, pedestrians can be hit and may suffer serious injuries.
Jones Act & Maritime Accidents
- Jones Act and Maritime Injury: Maritime workers risk their lives for their jobs. When they are injured or killed while working, the companies for which they work may be held liable. A Virginia personal injury lawyer can help victims understand what compensation they may be owed.
Personal Injury Lawyer: Dog Bites & Attacks
- Dog Bites & Animal Attacks: Dogs may be man’s best friend, but when they lash out, they can do serious, long-lasting harm. Irresponsible dog owners can and should be held liable for the damage their pet does to others. A Virginia personal injury lawyer will fight tirelessly to ensure the victim is not stuck with expensive medical bills associated with the attack.
Personal Injury Lawyer: Other
- Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse: If your loved one was injured due to a nursing home staff’s neglect, contact our nursing home abuse lawyers to protect your rights.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Though traditionally associated with football players, most brain injuries stem from falls and car accidents. A Virginia personal injury lawyer can help investigate the events that led to your traumatic brain injury and help determine if you are eligible for compensation.
- Wrongful Death: The unexpected loss of a loved one can be traumatic. The financial impact of the loss can be devastating. A Virginia personal injury lawyer can help grieving families seek justice for their lost loved one and ensure they can pay their bills after losing their breadwinner.
- Lead Poisoning: Deceptively dangerous, lead poisoning can have long-term impacts on a person’s health. A Virginia personal injury lawyer can ensure victims receive the compensation they deserve to pay for the best medical care possible.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: When a property owner fails to protect tenants and guests from carbon monoxide, they can be held liable for the damage done by the invisible, odorless gas. Contact a Virginia personal injury lawyer to explore your legal options after being exposed to carbon monoxide.
- Child Birth Injuries: Medical malpractice can occur virtually anywhere, including the delivery room. When they happen, medical mistakes can have a lifelong impact on the child and mother.
- Environmental and Toxic Tort Accidents: Exposure to a toxic substance can forever change a person’s life. A Virginia personal injury lawyer can help victims pursue lost wages, compensation for medical treatment and the pain and suffering associated with the exposure.
Virginia Personal Injury Lawyer Fees
The Law Offices of Richard J. Serpe, PC understand that the fees associated with a lawsuit can be a barrier to justice, and we believe that everyone should have a voice when it comes to asserting their rights. Corporations and insurance companies have tremendous resources, and our No Fee Promise levels the playing field.
Our personal injury lawyers offer a No Fee Promise, which means that you don’t owe us any legal fees unless we settle or win your case. We will work on your behalf to get a fair settlement, and only charge legal fees if you receive a settlement or verdict.