Britax Child Safety Inc Recalls 23,000 Infant Car Seats
Britax Child Safety Inc., of Charlotte, NC along with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) have issued a recall on 23,000 Chaperone Infant Car Seats manufactured between April 2009 and May 2010.
According to the CPSC, “The harness chest clip can break and pose a laceration hazard. Due to its small size it also poses a choking hazard.”
- 4 reports of broken chest clips
- 3 reports w minor lacerations and scratches
- 1 report of an infant placing the broken clip in his mouth
The model numbers affected by the recall include:
- Chaperone Moonstone – E9L69N9
- Chaperone Red Mill – E9L69P2
- Chaperone Savannah – E9L69P3
- Chaperone Cowmooflage – E9L69P5
The serial label is located on the underside of the car seat which can be used to locate the model number. Britax is offering to replace the chest clip.