Dangerous Guardrails are Causing Severe Injury, Amputation & Death Across the United States
Guardrails are intended to reduce the severity of injuries in the event of an accident. Given the critical role that guardrails play in road safety, a minor defect in their design or improper installation could devastating consequences for drivers and passengers.
If a person suffers an injury or dies due to a guardrail defect, that individual (or his or her surviving loved ones) may have grounds for a claim against the guardrail manufacturer.
4 Guardrail Lawsuit Accident Questions Answered
- Should I hire a guardrail lawyer?
- What makes a guardrail dangerous?
- What compensation is available to guardrail victims and families?
- Does the Serpe Firm have experience with guardrail injury cases?
Should I hire a lawyer after a guardrail injury?
If you intend to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim after a guardrail accident, you may be wondering whether you should go it alone or hire an attorney.
Although you have the right to bring the case without a lawyer, doing so is never a good idea if you’ve suffered a severe injury or lost a family member.
Since the damages will likely be substantial, you can expect the defendant and their insurance company to resist your claim at every turn.
One inadvertent mistake or misguided statement could be all it takes to cause a dispute that leads to the denial of your claim or a significant reduction in its value. Something as simple as a social media post could derail your entire case, but a skilled guardrail injury attorney can help you avoid costly errors and ensure you are treated fairly.
What makes a guardrail dangerous?
- Malfunctioning Guardrails: Dangerous guardrail designs can spell tragedy for accident victims. Guardrails exist to soften the blow of cars that collide on highways and interstates. However, when defective designs are in place they can do the exact opposite. Many victims find themselves injured in ways they never might have been if the guardrail had functioned properly.
- Outdated Guardrails: Outdated guardrails also pose a major threat to motorists. As safety technology changes and develops, outdated materials and designs become more and more dangerous. When outdated guardrails remain in place, they are like ticking time bombs. In other words, one bad accident can end in catastrophe, simply because old technology hadn’t yet been replaced.
- Improperly Installed Guardrails: Improperly installed guardrails are a form of negligence. When a guardrail is improperly installed, motorists’ lives are at risk.
What compensation is available to a guardrail victim?
The following compensatory damages might be available to people who have suffered injuries due to dangerous guardrails:
- Past and future healthcare bills
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Damaged property
- Other objectively verifiable damages such as domestic help and home modifications
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment in life
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Guardrail Lawyers with Experience & Results
An experienced guardrail injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Richard J. Serpe, PC can review the facts of your case in a free consultation, answer your questions, and help you determine how best to proceed with your claim. You won’t have to pay any attorney’s fees unless we win.
Our lawyers and outstanding support staff have recovered millions* in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Contact our office via phone or text message at (877) 544-5323 to speak with a member of our team, or send us a message online.
*Every case is different and prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.