Richard J. Serpe
- B.A. (Economics) 1983 University of Virginia
- J.D. (Law) 1986 Tulane University School of Law
- LL.M (Admiralty) 1991 Tulane University School of Law
- Rated 10/10 – “Superb” by the online attorney rating service, Avvo.com
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America ®
- Received an AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell law directory, which is the highest given
- Named a “Super Lawyer” – among the top 5 percent of lawyers in Virginia (2006 – 2016)
- Listed as a Top 100 Virginia Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers 2014
Injured? CONTACT RICHARD SERPE 877-544-5323
Richard J. Serpe has represented victims of toxic torts and environmental contamination across the country. He has successfully tried lawsuits in state and federal courts. He has resolved lead poisoning cases for victims in Georgia, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia.
In 1999, he concluded actions for 90 families poisoned at the Abex Superfund site. Mr. Serpe represents the victims of brain damage from toxic and traumatic injuries. He has commissioned over 200 neuropsychological assessments to document the extent of brain injury and is highly experienced in demonstrating the extent of a victim’s loss.
Attorney Richard Serpe has a Masters Degree (LLM) in maritime law from Tulane University School of Law, and has obtained the highest ranking (Proctor) from the Maritime Law Association of the United States. He has successfully prosecuted cases under the Jones Act, bringing fair and just compensation to sailors who were injured while performing their duties. His main office is located just minutes from many of the major shipyards and ship repair companies in Norfolk.
Mr. Serpe is frequently associated in complex litigation, managing cases with difficult scientific and medical issues. He has experience managing large case cohorts, including the extensive use of database and litigation support software.
Richard Serpe is admitted to practice in Virginia, Texas and Louisiana. Mr Serpe has represented clients before the Louisiana and Virginia Supreme courts, and appeared before the Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Circuits of the US Court of Appeals.
Mr. Serpe is a frequent lecturer speaking nationally on environmental and personal injury law. Mr. Serpe also serves as a Committee chair, and board member of Lynnhaven River 2007, assisting in Oyster Restoration for the Lynnhaven River.