Virginia Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer - Injury Attorney
Virginia Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
For most victims of slip, trip and fall accidents, they never see the incident coming. Whether you’re walking down an icy driveway or down the freshly mopped aisle of a grocery store, when danger strikes, your safety is out of your hands. Tragically, these kinds of slip, trip and fall accidents can result in seriously, life-threatening head and back injuries. Even if the victim survives the fall, there’s a chance their life will be forever changed.
4 Things You Should Know About Virginia Slip and Fall Claims
- Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
- Getting Compensation After a Trip and Fall Accident
- Time Deadlines for Slip and Fall Accidents
- Contact Virginia Personal Injury Lawyer Richard Serpe
Common Causes of Virginia Slip Trip and Fall Accidents
Negligent property owners are frequently the cause of slip, trip and fall accidents. This negligence can manifest in a wide variety of ways, including:
- Building code violations, like failing to have handrails installed in a stairway
- Wet, slippery floors
- Cracked, defective sidewalks
- Uneven surfaces
- Defective or missing handrails
- Torn carpets
- Parking lot potholes
- Icy surfaces
These kinds of slips, trips and falls can result in severe injuries including traumatic brain injuries, broken and fractured bones, neck, spine or back injuries – or even wrongful death.
There are a million ways a property owner’s carelessness can injure or even kill a person. Because the circumstances surrounding the average slip, trip and fall accident can vary so widely, it’s crucial for victims to seek out the help of a qualified attorney.
Getting Compensation after a Virginia Slip, Trip and Fall Accident
The amount of compensation owed to a victim can vary from case to case, but they may be eligible for:
- Medical treatment. When a property owner’s negligence causes an accident, you shouldn’t have to pay for the medical treatment you receive. You can recover costs including hospital bills, physical therapy and any future medical expenses associated with the injury.
- Lost wages. If you’re injured and miss work to recover, you can seek a settlement for the paychecks you missed out on. Slip, trip and fall injuries can put people out of work for days, weeks and even months. Future loss earnings due to your injuries can also be included in your settlement.
- Wrongful death. When a loved one is killed in an accident, they leave behind bills and funeral costs – and the loss of future income for their family. Of course, their loss is felt emotionally as well. This loss of companionship and affection is priceless. But compensating their loved ones for the wrongful death of a family member in a slip, trip and fall accident is possible due to Virginia’s wrongful death act.
Virginia Slip, Trip and Fall Accident Time Deadlines
Virginia provides a two-year deadline also known as a Statute of Limitations. However, special circumstances apply depending on who owns the property and the age or disability of the person injured. Miss your deadline, though, and you’ll be unable to seek compensation. That’s why it is so important to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible after an accident. We can help protect your rights so that you can receive the best possible settlement for your case.
Do You Know Your Rights? – Contact Richard Serpe
Immediate investigation often makes the difference between winning and losing slip and fall injury cases. The Law Offices of Richard J. Serpe, P.C. conducts immediate investigations to identify crucial witnesses and preserve important evidence. Delays in an investigation can destroy your case because evidence is often lost and key witnesses can become very difficult to locate over time. If you need a Virginia slip and fall injury lawyer, contact us 877-544-5323.